India gave more than 10 diesel trains to Bangladesh on July 27, 2020. The move will give the neighboring nation portability answers for both the intra-nation and between nation development.
The virtual occasion of giving over the trains was hailed off within the sight of Railway Minister, Piyush Goyal and his Bangladeshi Counterpart Md Nurul Islam Sujon, External Affairs Minister, S. Jaishankar and his Bangladeshi partner, AK Abdul Momen and Suresh Angadi, Minister of State for Railways.
The physical area of the trains handover was Gede Station of the Eastern Railway in the West Bengal's Nadia District. The getting station will be Darshana station in Darsana, Bangladesh.
Indo-Bangladesh railroad coordinated effort is an essential component of the Bilateral collaboration in advancing availability and exchange and in boosting the financial association.
Both the nations have been together attempting to improve rail network by building up some urgent railroad ventures and by reestablishing a portion of the old rail joins with Bangladesh.
Rail Links among India and Bangladesh:
• Currently, there are four operational rail joins among India and Bangladesh which associates West Bengal with Bangladesh, including Gede (India)- Darshana (Bangladesh), Petrapole (India)- Benapole (Bangladesh), Radhikapur (India)- Birol (Bangladesh), Singhabad (India)- Rohanpur (Bangladesh).
• Two traveler trains-Maitree express (Kolkata-Dhaka) runs for 5 days out of every week and Bandhan Express (Kolkata-Khulna) runs for 2 days out of each week.
• At present, the development of the traveler trains among India and Bangladesh has been incidentally suspended because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Railroad ventures among India and Bangladesh:
• An aggregate of 17 Railway ventures have been remembered for the Line of Credit Assistance which was stretched out by India to Bangladesh, with a responsibility of USD 2.44 billion.
• All Line of credit has been offered by India to Bangladesh at a loan cost of 1% per annum, with reimbursement more than 20 years with a ban of 5 years.
• Out of the 17 railroad ventures, 9 have been effectively finished, which incorporates the flexibly of BG/MG trains, rail line extensions and flagging hardware, level carts among others.
• Railway ventures under execution utilizing LoC help incorporate Khulna-Mongla Railway line venture which is probably going to be finished by June 2021 and Kulaura-Shahbazpur railroad line which is relied upon to be finished before the current year's over.
• Three different tasks are at different phases of execution relating to a twofold line track, change of meter check line to double measure line, and another double measure line.
• A cross-outskirt rail connection of roughly 12 km is likewise being worked under the award in-help among Agartala and Akhaura town on the Dhaka Chittagong trunk line which is probably going to be finished by March 2021. It will likewise additionally improve the cargo and traveler network among India and north-eastern states.