Previous J&K Lt Governor Girish Chandra Murmu made vow as the new Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India on August 8, 2020. He was controlled the vow of the workplace by President Ram Nath Kovind at the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
Leader Narendra Modi and Vice President Venkaiah Naidu were additionally present during the swearing-in function. GC Murmu had surrendered as J&K Lt Governor on August 5, 2020.
A warning delivered before by the Department of Economic Affairs read that the President by righteousness of the force vested in him by provision (1) of Article 148 of the Indian Constitution selected Girish Chandra Murmu to the post of Comptroller and Auditor General of India with impact from the date he accept charge of his office.
• GC Murmu will supplant Rajiv Mehrishi, who is a 1978 clump IAS official of the Rajasthan framework, as the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG).
• The 60-year-old is a 1985 cluster IAS official of the Gujarat framework.
• Murmu was confirmed as the first Lt legislative leader of the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir on October 31, 2019.
• Prior to this, Murmu was filling in as the Expenditure Secretary under the Union Ministry of Finance.
• Murmu had likewise recently filled in as the Principal Secretary to Narendra Modi when he was the Chief Minister of Gujarat.
• GC Murmu is known to be a confided in associate of PM Narendra Modi and Home Minister Amit Shah from when Modi helmed the province of Gujarat.
Who is the new J&K Lt Governor?
Previous Union pastor Manoj Sinha has been designated as the new Lieutenant Governor of Jammu and Kashmir, succeeding GC Murmu.
GC Murmu's acquiescence from the post of J&K Lt Governor came precisely a year after the middle disavowed Article 370 and rearranged Jammu and Kashmir, bifurcating it into two Union Territories of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh.